We have 4 Strategic Goals
Strengthen the voice and autonomy of people with disabilities
- Ensure people with disabilities and their representative organisation are central in defining priorities and guiding CBM’s advocacy and programming objectives.
- Work in partnership with people with disabilities and their representative organisations to contribute to the SDGs and implementation of the CRPD.
- Together with the disability movement, promote and implement disability-inclusive development.
- Support the disability movement to build the capacity and reach of representative organisations.
Build inclusive, resilient communities
- Work with the poorest communities and their local governments and ensure they are able to address the specific needs of community members with disabilities.
- Support people with disabilities living in the poorest communities to mobilise themselves to realise their rights and needs.
- Ensure that people with disabilities and their families are able to access person-centred support.
- Promote the creation of inclusive health, education, livelihood and social systems.
- Build knowledge and capacity of partner organisations and the communities to inclusively prepare for and withstand disasters.
Build inclusive and sustainable local and national systems and services
- Facilitate and promote systemic links between services, to ensure person-centred approaches are available at every stage of people’s lives.
- Prioritise poorest communities and people in most need of services who often have the least access.
- Work with service providers and users to ensure that best practice and evidence is applied to the provision of services.
- Support equity of access to services, advocating for social protection, universal health coverage, inclusive education and universal design.
- Support training and capacity development of local personnel in order to build up expertise at national levels.
Ensure that population affected by natural and manmade disasters have access to inclusive humanitarian assistance and protection
- Engage in all natural and manmade level 3 emergencies and support level 1 and 2 emergency responses.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with other humanitarian organization to ensure people with disabilities, are better prepared to respond to disasters and have equal access to mainstream relief and recovery programmes.
- Prioritise delivery of high quality inclusive emergency services in inclusive health and cash-based programming.