CBM website accessibility
This website satisfies the requirements (level A) of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
It uses features designed to remove barriers for users with disabilities, including those who are blind or have low vision, hearing disabilities, physical disabilities or limited mobility, and those who require adjustments due to characteristics associated with ageing or limiting environments.
Current accessibility features
- Images on the site contain alternative text for users who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader, rather than reading the site.
- All page functionality is accessible using the access keys, enabling you to navigate this website using your keyboard.
- This site uses a setup that closely matches most international recommendations on access keys. These are:
1 — Home Page
2 — Skip to content
3 — Site Map
4 — Search field focus
5 — Advanced Search
6 — Site navigation tree
9 — Contact information
0 — Access Key details
- Similar to a 'skip' button, but more comprehensive, a view can be created where the site can be viewed without style. To set this in Firefox, go to 'View' -> Website (or Page) Style and choose "no style".
- The font size is adjustable: fonts can be enlarged in the browser using browser options.
- The 'High accessibility view' also gives larger font plus high contrast and better scalability.